New York City Water Heater Repairs
Let Our Licensed & Insured Company Fix Your Plumbing Issues
Did your home run out of hot water? Is your water taking a long time to heat up? Do you hear strange noises or notice rust-colored water coming from your water heater? If you are experiencing at least one of these issues, you may need to repair your water heater with the professional help of a skilled, licensed plumber in New York.
Are you experiencing issues with your water heater? In need of a repair? Schedule an appointment with a licensed plumber in New York City from Ariel Services, Inc. today!
Common Water Heater Issues
There are several common problems which require water heater repair. While repairs can resolve certain issues, other issues may require replacement and installation.
Most Common Water Heater Issues Our New York City Plumbers Can Fix:
- No hot water
- Too little hot water
- Noisy water tank
- Smelly water from the water heater
- Water tank leaks
Prevent Future Breakdowns By Flushing Your Water Heater
Over time, water heaters experience sediment build-up which can cause significant damage to the tank, resulting in a lack of hot water and discoloration in the water. In order to remove these sediments, our New York City water heater repair experts can drain and flush your tank and make the necessary repairs to help you regain the comfort of your home and your peace of mind.
How To Flush A Water Heater:
- To begin, make sure to turn the water heater off. Depending on the model of water heater you have, this process will vary. For gas – move the thermostat to “Pilot.” For electric – go to the circuit breaker and flip the switch that leads to the system to turn it off.
- Next, you’ll want to turn off your home’s cold water. The valve for this can be located at the top of the tank.
- Once that is done, you’ll need to run hot water from a faucet. This needs to be running throughout the entire draining process.
- Then you’ll attach a hose to the water heater’s drain valve. Have the opposite end of the hose flowing inside a bucket or outside the house. In some instances, a pump may be necessary if your unit is inside the basement. Regardless, you’ll want to ensure that the hose is securely fastened - if not leakage can occur.
- Next, you can begin draining. Move the drain valve to on. You should then begin to see water emptying from the tank. Make sure to allow it to drain completely.
- Once that is finished, you can complete the flushing. You can do this by turning the cold-water valve back on. This allows any remaining debris to leave the tank. Watch for clear water as that is a sign your tank is free of sediment.
- Lastly, you’ll want to turn everything back on. You will need to remove the hose, turn the drain valve off, switch the faucets off, fill the water heater tank back up, and switch the water heater back on.
Why Choose Our Team For Your New York City Water Heater Repair Service?
At Ariel Services, Inc., our New York City plumbers can inspect the problem before getting to work, provide upfront pricing, and get the job done right the first time around. Not only do we handle residential repairs, but we also work on commercial and building water heaters. For more than 40 years, we have been committed to guaranteeing 100% customer satisfaction. No matter what time you experience a plumbing issue, our team of licensed plumbers is available 24/7 to handle any repairs—because we understand water heater issues do not have a curfew.
Contact us at (718) 557-9604 and schedule a New York City water heater repair with Ariel Service, Inc. today.